Below are given Five Steps For Social Media Marketing Plan :
Step 1: Create Your Executive Overview Business Plan
Spell out your business in a one-pager to realize why you need social:
- Your Business Mission and History
- Your Business or Revenue Model
- Descriptions of your Products & Services
- Details of Your Target Audience
- Review of Your Current Marketing Efforts
Step 2: Define Your Specific Social Media Goals
- Validate a new product or service using social as a research platform.
- Develop buzz and interest around a new product.
- Engage users in social to generate relevant and targeted traffic to your site.
- Gain market share by leading customer/client service through social.
- Generate registrations to branded events through social.
Step 3: Find Your SMM Voice
Step 4: Choosing Your Social Tools Appropriately
Choosing your social tools appropriately is an essential piece of your online communications plan, so choose wisely.
- Facebook:More than 955 million users. Majority between 18-25; 60 percent female. Best opportunity for community building with customers.
- Twitter:More than 555 million users. Majority between 26-34; 57 percent female. Best tool for interacting in real-time.
- Google Plus+:More than 170 million users. Majority between 26-34; 63 percent male. Platform for driving visibility around a brand.
- LinkedIn:More than 150 million users. Majority between 26-34, directly followed by 35-44. The number one B2B social networking tool.
- Pinterest: More than 12 Million Users. Majority between 26-44; 68 percent female. A viral platform for sharing stories via pictures.
Step 5: Plan & Execute Content & Delivery
What you need to define:
- Your frequency of content delivery & response to social engagement.
- Your types and specific topics for content creation.
- Ways to increase audience engagement.
- Events that can drive social.
- Your social success metrics (number of followers, number of fans, volume of traffic back to site, number of retweets, etc.).