Search engine optimization (SEO) is extremely important for any website or blog in order to be found on search engines like Google, Yahoo and others. Search engine optimization (SEO) plays major role in protecting your website from getting lost somewhere. Once you have success in getting your website optimized well on the search engines, then the number of users on your website would significantly increase. Below we will discuss about most important wordpress plugins.
Most Important WordPress Plugins for SEO :
1) Akismet : Akismet checks your comments against the Akismet web service to see if they look like spam or not and lets you review the spam it catches under your blog's "Comments" admin screen. Major new features in Akismet 2.5 include: A comment status history, so you can easily see which comments were caught or cleared.
2) All in One SEO Pack : Optimizes your Wordpress blog for Search Engines (Search Engine Optimization).
Google Analytics support
Support for Custom Post Types
Advanced Canonical URLs
Fine tune Page Navigational Links
Built-in API so other plugins/themes can access and extend functionality
ONLY plugin to provide SEO Integration for WP e-Commerce sites
Support for CMS-style WordPress installations
Automatically optimizes your titles for search engines
Generates META tags automatically
Avoids the typical duplicate content found on Wordpress blogs
For beginners, you don't even have to look at the options, it works out-of-the-box. Just install.
For advanced users, you can fine-tune everything
You can override any title and set any META description and any META keywords you want.
Backward-Compatibility with many other plugins, like Auto Meta, Ultimate Tag Warrior and others.
3) Google XML Sitemaps : This plugin will generate a special XML sitemap which will help search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo and Ask.com to better index your blog. With such a sitemap, it's much easier for the crawlers to see the complete structure of your site and retrieve it more efficiently. The plugin supports all kinds of WordPress generated pages as well as custom URLs. Additionally it notifies all major search engines every time you create a post about the new content.
4) SEO Friendly Images : SEO Friendly Images is a Wordpress SEO plugin which automatically updates all images with proper ALT and TITLE attributes for SEO purposes. If your images do not have ALT and TITLE already set, SEO Friendly Images will add them according the options you set. Additionally this makes the post W3C/xHTML valid as well. ALT attribute is important part of search engine optimization.
5) W3 Total Cache : The most complete WordPress performance framework. Recommended by web hosts like: MediaTemple, Host Gator, Page.ly and WP Engine and countless more.
Trusted by countless sites like: stevesouders.com, mattcutts.com, mashable.com, smashingmagazine.com, makeuseof.com, yoast.com, kiss925.com, pearsonified.com, lockergnome.com, johnchow.com, ilovetypography.com, webdesignerdepot.com, css-tricks.com and tens of thousands of others.
W3 Total Cache improves the user experience of your site by improving your server performance, caching every aspect of your site, reducing the download times and providing transparent content delivery network (CDN) integration.
6) Sociable : As you know, Sociable continues being the fastest growing leader in the sharing space of WordPress plugins. We really appreciate your feedback, so, here you are lastest version including Pinterest icon, font changes you suggested and other terrific features you get totally Free.
After introducing Sociable Skyscraper, the ultimate advanced and feature-packed plugin for setting up a rating system on your WordPress blog, we've developed Sociable Slider. It is sort of banner that reminds your readers to spread the word. You can select and customize several features, such as text, color, and length in order to ensure your readers and their friends a great Sociable Experience. Sociable Skyscraper allows you to set up pages and comments with a great degree of customization.
Sociable Plug-in is totally free and continues leading digital arena with over 1.5 million downloads now. We're working hard making you happy and your feedback and suggestions allow us to keep growing, so, let's enjoy co-creation, collaboration and sharing.
7) Redirection : Redirection is a WordPress plugin to manage 301 redirections, keep track of 404 errors, and generally tidy up any loose ends your site may have. This is particularly useful if you are migrating pages from an old website, or are changing the directory of your WordPress installation.
8) WordPress SEO by Yoast : WordPress out of the box is already technically quite a good platform for SEO, this was true when I wrote my original WordPress SEO article in 2008 and it's still true today, but that doesn't mean you can't improve it further! This plugin is written from the ground up by WordPress SEO consultant and WordPress developer Joost de Valk to improve your site's SEO on all needed aspects. While this WordPress SEO plugin goes the extra mile to take care of all the technical optimization, more on that below, it first and foremost helps you write better content. WordPress SEO forces you to choose a focus keyword when you're writing your articles, and then makes sure you use that focus keyword everywhere.
10) SEO Rank Reporter : Based on keywords you choose, the SEO Rank Reporter plugin will track your Google rankings every 3 days and report the data in an easy-to-read graph.
Add keywords to the reporter and let the reporter track your website's ranking changes.
View a historical graph of your rankings.
Visually compare how your website is ranking compared to competitors.
Watch how your traffic fluctuates based on ranking changes.
Get email notifications when any one of your rankings changes in X (you specify X) positions.
Download a full CSV file containing all of your ranking data.
View a list of keywords that are currently driving traffic to your website and add them to the rank reporter.
Search using other Google Country URLs (e.g., google.co.uk)