According to the article "The Emerging Role of Social Media in Political and Regime Change" by Rita Safranek, “The Middle East and North Africa region has one of the most youthful populations in the world, with people under 25 making up between 35-45% of the population in each country. They make up the majority of social media users, including about 17 million Facebook users, 25,000 Twitter accounts and 40,000 active blogs, according to the Arab Advisors Group.
Social media play a significant role on Search Engines Rankings as an effective link building method while data deriving from social media are largely used by Search Engines. Increased website referral traffic and higher revenue
Social media improve rankings in various ways. The number of people liking the page, the number of shares, the number of followers, the number or retweets, the quota of followers/following, can impact the organic SEO (particularly the referral traffic). Additionally all these social media generated by the abundance of social media (like Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter etc.), can increase significantly brand awareness and online visibility.
- social media increase their power and new generation spends more time on these channels interacting with their brands.
- people trust more a brand recommended by their friends in social media.
You can now increase your social media presence in 6 immediate steps:
- Register your brand to social media by creating appealing and meaningful content for users, include links that will point to your website.
- Create onsite elements leading to sites like share buttons, connect buttons (like button) and social bookmarks.
- Create onsite a blog and update it with valuable rich in links articles and topics.
- Integrate social media and blog announcing through all channels the new post and take full advantage of share (use of social bookmarking services) and connect buttons already mentioned before.
- Creation of infographics with appealing content and design is an interesting and effective way of acquiring links. If the design is visually appealing the content of info are important, then it is most likely this content to be shared via social media channels creating a social buzz.
- Quantify the impact of your reach to the audience by using analytics, such as Google Analytics and according to your data you can increase your efforts on social media channels.
as well as
- Social media can help search engines find and index your content faster
- Likes, shares, retweets, etc. indicates to search engine that content is new and interesting, often leading to a temporary increase in rankings
- Your content will increase in search results for people connected to you
- Increases domain authority and the number of inbound links to your website