What is On Page SEO?
On Page SEO is the science of optimizing the contents of a website such that it becomes friendlier to the search engines. This technique includes the optimization of texts, images, tags, URL structure, internal links, headers etc. Optimizing anything for search engine that is uploaded to your website’s domain is treated as on page SEO. For example selecting the proper ALT tag keyword for an image on a webpage is such type of SEO. In a simple definition On Page Optimization is what can be done on the pages of a website in order to make it more search engine friendly to achieve good search engine ranking for targeted keywords.
1. Proper Post Title (H1 tags)
2. ALT Tags (Must use proper ALT tags with targeted keywords)
3. URL structure (One of the most important part in SEO, must contain your main keyword)
4. Meta Description Tag
5. Keyword Density
6. XML sitemap
7. Proper Content (Should be unique)
8. Internal Linking Strategy (Related articles must be properly interlinked within the website)
9. Proper HTML and CSS validation
10. Title Tags
On Page search engine optimization is the most important part in the process of SEO. It is said that if on page SEO is perfect 70% job of the SEO is done and rest depends on the off page SEO.
Off page SEO is defined as the things you do offline to your website in order to achieve good search engine ranking. In simple definition off page optimization does not involve any optimization with the contents of the webpage instead it is the optimization which is done offsite the web contents. For example building quality links to improve the page rank of your website is such type of optimization. It is basically building reputation of your website in front of search engines like Google. So here you do not do anything with the content of the webpage.
Off page SEO holds almost 30% of the overall SEO process. There are several factors that affect the off page SEO and those are listed below.
1. Quality Link Building (In order to improve page ranking)
2. Social Media Presence of your website-This means how active is your website among various social media like Digg, Facebook, Google+, Twitter and many other social media. The active presence of your website over popular social media increases the brand value as well as reputation of your website with respect to search engine’s algorithms. This includes social book marking also.
3. Directory Submission (Especially from DMOZ.org)
4. Forum Postings -Forum posting impacts a lot in offsite optimization. If you participate in forum posting and posts questions or answer to any questions then you are getting a chance to get a good quality link from the forum to your website which improves the page ranking.